Friday, March 22, 2013

From the start of the design phase, I took a picture of myself looking sad. I then went on Photoshop and  manipulated the pictures contrasting points to make three colors stand out to create the facial structure. After, I took the photo and blew it up on a projectpr screen where I traced the colors seprately on diffrent peices of poster board. I cut out each color on the three diffrent poster boards that the color would show through. I got a peice of cardboard that was large enough to fit my entire peice on it. I chose light green, light blue, and purple to spraypaint onto the silver acrrilic painted cardboard. The days that I spraypainted where the windiest days of the week. You had to tape down your stenicle onto the cardboard before you spraypainted it so that the stencil would not move. After I sprayed the two largest colors, green and pruple, I was abou to spray the blue on when the wind blew and moved my stencil on the taped down cardboard at the last moment. Of course, I had to redo the bolue color and that's how I got to this piece. I personally think that I didn't do a good job, I wish it wasn't as windy outside the days I chose to spraypaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment